Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Summer Fun

Well I have not been very good at blogging lately, I keep thinking well it's just Kirk and I and who wants to see pictures of just us? But here I am for those that do, and for me... it's another way for me to keep a journal and I know I will want all this "nothingness" later in life. This summer has been a lot of fun, but has gone by way too fast! Here are just a few blips of the things we have been up to.
We went out to a Toby Keith concert in New Jersey, way fun! It really felt like being back home in Idaho, everyone was all cowboyed up and everything.

We added a new member to our little family this summer for those that don't know, we call her D and she is the best little camera I have had so far:) After haveing trouble getting crisp clear images on my oldie we decided I should look into getting a new lens, after all my oldie was only going on 5 1/2 yrs. so a new lens should do the trick. The nice gentlemen at the store just looked at me and said "honey, your camera is OLD, just save your money and get a new one." So we did. Apparently 5 1/2 yrs is a long time in the digital world and I have been blown away with what I can capture on D. I love her. Kirk has become quite the photographer also we spent the day walking around NY taking pictures.

This is us at the store buying D. the old man took it and I really liked it.

We rented bikes and biked around central park one day. I didn't realize how hard biking can be!

Little Italy. YUMMY YUMMY lunch!


I was so lucky to be able to go home and shoot my cousins wedding!!! It was a crazy fast trip but I had so much fun and loved every minute! She was such a gorgeous bride! Check out more pictures of her on my new website faphotography.net
Irene came our way. Lucky us we were in the mandatory evacuation zone, so we had to leave for the weekend. It ended up really not being as bad in the city as they had all planned on, but bad where we evacuated to! We got stuck in upstate NY from Friday until Tuesday! Much thanks to the wonderful Wasson family who took such great care of us. Hey and I guess if we had to get stuck, I couldn't ask for a more beautiful place. The pictures below is all their land and farm house.
Penn station trying to get out of the city. This is really like every other rush hr day though:)


We hit up a Mets game! Go METS!





And the beach!
Here is another picture of our little town we call home. I put an arrow on the part where are apt window possibly is. I can't believe we have been here a year and one month now. Time goes by so quickly! It has been a great year, challenging at times and lots of fun at times. We have grown so much, as a couple and individuals. We always get asked how we like it here, and our response is always it's a love/hate relationship. There are days where you couldn't ask to be in any better place than New York City and others when you think how do you people live like this?!! Looking back at this past year though Kirk and I really wouldn't ask for anywhere different. New York has been wonderful for us and such a great blessing in our lives. When our time is up I think we will be ready for a new adventure but we might even say we will miss it.

8 comments:

Aaron and Megan said...

I am so jealous! I have always wanted to live in a city. Aaron would be happy living off the land in Idaho. How much longer will you be there? I wish we could come visit.

Katie said...

Great post! I love the updates and pictures. I like seeing them, even if it is just you and Kirk!! ;)

Jarae said...

I'm so glad you guys are having fun in New York. You look so gorgeous by the way. :) How long are you guys there for?

Anna said...

Looks fun! Hey we are planning on coming up to visit the big apple next Memorial day for a getaway for just the two of us. Think we'd be able see you guys?

Arritt said...

What fun stuff! And Oh my goodness Falycia, right when I saw that you had updated your blog I thought to myself, "Oh finally. They really need to update us more often!!" So, thanks for the update, and thank Kirk for the fun boy's weekend from Kollan. Love, Karley

DaNae said...

It looks like you guys are having a blast! I have always wanted to live in NYC so I'm a little jealous!

John & Linda said...

Miss it!!?? Tell me it aint so.

John & Linda said...

You are doing a great job on the Blog!! I love it.