Tuesday, December 15, 2009

We were blessed with such a wonderful weekend! Kirk’s dad was called to be stake president for the Paul Id stake. Kirk flew in Saturday evening from Florida where he had been interviewing, and we went straight from the airport home to Paul. We were then able to spend the next day, being taught by Elder Holland, he gave a wonderful message about Christmas. At the end of conference our family along with Dad’s counselors and their families gathered together to be set apart by Elder Holland and Elder Clark. He gave us another wonderful message about families and eternal life. The spirit was so strong all day it was a great experience to be in such and intimate setting with an Apostle of the Lord. I am so grateful for this gospel, I know that it is true, it changes lives. I know the Lord speaks through his prophet and apostles on this earth today; I was able to have such a witness of that this weekend. I am so blessed to be a part of this gospel and to have the knowledge of its truth, what a wonderful time we live in!


2 comments:

Aaron and Megan said...

WOW! That is such a wonderful experience! You both look great. Aaron and I were talking the other day about how we miss you. We should plan a summer weekend trip or something. :-)

Nicole Lloyd said...

What an incredible opportunity. That's very exciting! I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas!